This bowl is full of both nutrition and flavor! We are really enjoying the arugula and lettuce we are growing at the farm, and keep finding new ways to enjoy it
- 3 beets
- 1 bunch arugula or lettuce, roughly chopped or hand torn
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 oz balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz extra virgin olive oil
- pinch dried basil
- 1 bunch chives (with blossoms if available)
- sliced avocado
- handful shelled pistachios
- edible flowers
- salt to taste
- Coat unpeeled beets in olive oil and salt (adding cumin seeds work well if you have them on had). Wrap in foil and roast in a 375 until tender. When done, let cool and peel by rubbing off the skins with a dish towel.
- While beets are roasting, prepare quinoa and lentils according to package directions. Let cool.
- Prepare dressing: in a large bowl add vinegar, salt and basil. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Reserve two tablespoons. Add beets to remaining vinaigrette in bowl and toss.
- Add lentils, quinoa, and chives to beets and vinaigrette. Stir to coat.
- Toss arugula or lettuce with reserved vinaigrette.
- In a bowl arrange beet mixture, arugula or lettuce, and avocado. Drizzle with olive oil, top with pistachios, chive blossoms, and edible flowers. Sprinkle with sea salt.